So you want to speak at Dad 2.0 Summit…
Since 2012, 473 Speakers have attended Dad 2.0 to offer their expertise to our community. Here’s how to be number 474.
Each year, we open our Call For Speakers And Ideas during the last two weeks of September, and it’s easily our favorite fall fortnight. The success of our programming relies on the passions and prowess of our people, so if you’re planning on submitted a speaker proposal, here are some important pointers to keep in mind:
- See where we’ve been. Check out our breakout sessions for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 (Friday and Saturday), and 2018 (Friday and Saturday). We realize some topics are evergreen and worthy of our annual attention, but we want to avoid carbon copies. If you want to revisit a topic, be sure to tell us what’s changed, and how you’d like to update the conversation.
- We run the gamut. We talk a lot about professional blogging and connecting with brands to create content marketing campaigns. But we also know that before you can build a career as a paid blogger, you have to find your groove as a writer, as a father, and as a man. Subject matter over this complete spectrum is welcome.
- Think specific. Rather than suggest a broad idea such as “working with brands,” talk about a particular triumph or challenge you experienced within that relationship, and why that experience was valuable. Tangible takeaways are a must; spirited discussion (and/or debate) encouraged.
- But don’t overthink. Above all else, please do not put off submitting because your idea feels like it isn’t perfect. This is a call for Ideas, and all ideas are welcome, no matter how unpolished they may seem.
- Consider the format. Our programming includes 20-minute mainstage presentations; 45-minute ShowHow sessions (with one or two presenters); 60- and 75-minute breakout sessions (with four or five panelists), and 25-minute Roundtable Workshops. Where does your topic fit best?
- We encourage new voices. If you haven’t pitched an idea before, we especially want to hear from you. We thrive on new faces and perspectives; more than 73% of last year’s speakers had never spoken with us before!
- Moms are welcome. Our conference has “Dad” in the title, but many moms have spoken and attended over the years, and we value the examples they’ve set as pioneering media moguls.
- No need to reinvent the wheel. Plenty of people have successfully pitched before you, so ask around. Avail yourself of the community, and they won’t steer you wrong.
Whether or not you’re coming to the next Dad 2.0 Summit, and whether you’ve been blogging for 15 years or 15 minutes, your opinion matters. This is your conference, and it relies on your input. And we’re eager to reciprocate by amplifying your work with the power of almost a half-billion hashtag deliveries behind it.
If you have any questions, feel free to drop us a line at info [at] dad2summit [dot] com. Thanks for your interest, we hope to see you in San Antonio with a microphone in your hand!